It doesn’t matter if you have the best anti-aging face cream available if you don’t use it correctly. Sure, you need to know which skin care products to purchase. We’ll tell you about the best face cream for wrinkles that we’ve found in a moment. You can also read more about how to choose the best anti-aging skin product here. First, though, we’re going to tell you to have to make sure you get the best results possible from the products that you choose.
Getting the Best Anti Aging Face Cream Results
To get the best results from your anti-aging face cream, follow these tips. You can also consult a dermatologist if you want more information.
- Use your anti-aging face cream consistently. If you only use it occasionally, you can’t expect great results. Be aware that it may take several weeks of consistent use to get the maximum results, although you might start to notice a difference very quickly, especially if you weren’t using any skincare products consistently before starting to use your anti-aging face cream. Be patient if you don’t see dramatic results immediately, though.
- Use your anti-aging face cream according to the directions on the package. If you don’t use it correctly, you may not get the desired results.
- Use your anti-aging face cream twice a day, morning and evening, unless the directions on the package say otherwise or directed otherwise by your doctor or dermatologist.
- Wash your face with a gentle cleanser or mild soap and water, then pat dry before applying your anti-aging face cream.
- Choose skincare products, including moisturizers and wrinkle creams, made for your skin type. For instance, if you have oily skin, look for products specifically meant for oily skin. If you have dry skin, look for products designed for dry skin. If you have sensitive skin, look for skin care products designed to be gentle and free of irritants.
- If you use makeup, choose the makeup that is formulated for your skin type and that is labeled non-comedogenic, which means it won’t clog your pores and cause acne or other skin problems. Apply makeup lightly, as very heavy makeup can end up making you look older than you really are.
- Use sunscreen whenever you’re outdoors for more than a brief period of time. Even in winter, even on cloudy days, exposure to ultraviolet rays from the sun can cause skin damage and make you look older. If you don’t use sunscreen, even the best anti-aging face cream won’t provide lasting results because the sun will be working at cross-purposes to your face cream. Of course, using sunscreen has benefits other than preventing wrinkles, age spots, and other signs of aging. It can prevent skin cancer, which can be deadly in some cases.
- Avoid tanning beds. They cause the same type of skin damage caused by exposure to the sun and lead to prematurely aged-looking skin.
- Drink plenty of water (try adding slices of cucumber, wedges of lemon, and/or some fresh mint leaves if you don’t like or get tired of the taste of plain water). Staying well-hydrated does wonders for your skin.
- Eat a healthy, well-balanced diet. Include plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, especially those high in antioxidants (things like berries, apples, pears, carrots, pumpkin, and kale), which help prevent and repair damage to your skin. You can learn more about foods that help fight wrinkles here. Of course, eating a healthy diet has many health benefits beyond helping your skin look good.
- Don’t smoke. If you are a smoker, quit. Talk to your doctor if you need help quitting, but quit. Smoke is known to cause skin damage, including wrinkles. Even the best face cream for wrinkles won’t be able to compete with the toxins in cigarettes, so don’t smoke.
The Best Anti Aging Face Cream We’ve Found
Our favorite anti-aging face cream is H-Glow. We like all the natural ingredients in it, like green tea extract (which is high in antioxidants) and rosehip oil (high in essential fatty acids that hydrate the skin and help fight wrinkles). It’s the highest-rated anti-aging cream we’ve found, with a rating of 4.8 stars out of five stars given by people who’ve tried it. You can learn more, as well as read reviews by people who’ve used H-Glow, by following the links.